1. Prior to noon on Monday, if you have signed up to play that Thursday but need to cancel, you only need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the pairings group will take care of adjusting the pairings sheet and advising the rest of the team.
2. After noon on Monday and prior to 6:00 p.m. on Wed. if you need to cancel, you must send an email to all other members of your team and to cgc9holers . Pairings will make the necessary adjustments to the pairings sheet.
3. In both of the cases above, if the captain of a team cancels, the second person on each team will automatically become the captain.
Members need to be conscientious about checking email at or around 6:00 p.m. on Wed. to make sure they are aware of any changes that have been made.
If you need to cancel after 6:00 p.m. on Wed., you should call the pro shop early Thursday morning and advise them of your cancellation; 508-896-1716; ext. 102
Enjoy your round.
Pace of Play & golf etiquette go hand-in-hand; they have little if anything to do with skill level. Follow these tips to speed up Pace of Play.
● Stay up with the group in front of you.
● Plan each shot as you walk to your ball. Play ready golf
● Don’t wait in the cart for a ride to your ball! If you’re sharing a cart & your ball is close, while your partner plans her shot, get your club(s), go to your ball & prepare to hit.
● Don’t move, talk, or stand close to or directly behind a player or the hole when the player is addressing the ball.
● Help your partners; watch the flight of balls, especially off the tee. Use a visual marker such as a tree or bush to remember where a ball lands; it will help your group find the ball quickly.
● Take a rake with you when you enter a sand trap.
● When you approach the green in a golf cart or with a pull cart go to the back of the green closest to the next tee.
● If your ball is closest to the pin, remove the pin & place it so that it is not in the sight line of any putter. If you finish putting first, pick up the flagstick & have it ready to put back in the cup when the last person has holed out.
● Use “continuous” putting. If your first putt is within 1-2 feet of the hole, go ahead and finish putting.
● Putt now, score later. Mark your scorecard at the next tee.
REMEMBER - ONLY CARTS WITH A HANDICAP FLAG ARE ALLOWED TO GO ON THE FAIRWAY ON PAR 3'S. ALL OTHER CARTS MUST REMAIN ON THE CART PATH!!