In 2018 our Summer Cup Tournament was renamed to honor a long standing member of our group, Jo O'Connell. Click the link below to find out the story of Jo and her husband Ed and their past contributions to the Summer Cup tournament
1. Prior to noon on Monday, if you have signed up to play that Thursday but need to cancel, you only need to send an email to email@example.com and the pairings group will take care of adjusting the pairings sheet and advising the rest of the team.
2. After noon on Monday and prior to 6:00 p.m. on Wed. if you need to cancel, you must send an email to all other members of your team and to cgc9holers . Pairings will make the necessary adjustments to the pairings sheet.
3. In both of the cases above, if the captain of a team cancels, the second person on each team will automatically become the captain.
Members need to be conscientious about checking email at or around 6:00 p.m. on Wed. to make sure they are aware of any changes that have been made.
If you need to cancel after 6:00 p.m. on Wed., you should call the pro shop early Thursday morning and advise them of your cancellation; 508-896-1716; ext. 102
Enjoy your round.
Pace of Play & golf etiquette go hand-in-hand; they have little if anything to do with skill level. Follow these tips to speed up Pace of Play.
● Stay up with the group in front of you.
● Plan each shot as you walk to your ball. Play ready golf
● Don’t wait in the cart for a ride to your ball! If you’re sharing a cart & your ball is close, while your partner plans her shot, get your club(s), go to your ball & prepare to hit.
● Don’t move, talk, or stand close to or directly behind a player or the hole when the player is addressing the ball.
● Help your partners; watch the flight of balls, especially off the tee. Use a visual marker such as a tree or bush to remember where a ball lands; it will help your group find the ball quickly.
● Take a rake with you when you enter a sand trap.
● When you approach the green in a golf cart or with a pull cart go to the back of the green closest to the next tee.
● If your ball is closest to the pin, remove the pin & place it so that it is not in the sight line of any putter. If you finish putting first, pick up the flagstick & have it ready to put back in the cup when the last person has holed out.
● Use “continuous” putting. If your first putt is within 1-2 feet of the hole, go ahead and finish putting.
● Putt now, score later. Mark your scorecard at the next tee.
REMEMBER - ONLY CARTS WITH A HANDICAP FLAG ARE ALLOWED TO GO ON THE FAIRWAY ON PAR 3'S. ALL OTHER CARTS MUST REMAIN ON THE CART PATH!!